PMI WLEC OPEN BOARD POSITIONS FOR 2020-2021
All positions are a for a two-year term starting on January 01, 2020.
The following positions are open for the 2020-2021 term:
- VICE PRESIDENT OF ADMINISTRATION/SECRETARY
- VICE PRESIDENT OF MEMBERSHIP & VOLUNTEERS
- VICE PRESIDENT OF MARKETING
- VICE PRESIDENT OF PROGRAMS
- VICE PRESIDENT OF COMMUNICATIONS
- VICE PRESIDENT OF PROFESSIONAL DEVELOPMENT
VICE PRESIDENT OF ADMINISTRATION/SECRETARY; Position responsible for preparing, maintaining, recording, circulating all records, correspondence, minutes of meetings, and related affairs of the chapter.
Roles and responsibilities for the Vice President of Administration include the following but are not limited to;
- Assure safekeeping of all governing documents (approved bylaws, articles of incorporation, charter agreement, board policies, committee charters, and all other non-financial records for the chapter).
- Coordinate and distribute meeting agendas, keep the records of all business meetings of the chapter and meetings of the board.
- Maintain all meeting minutes — must document in accordance with parliamentary procedures as determined by the board.
- Notice of all annual meetings shall be sent to all members at least 30 - 45 days in advance of the meeting. Action at such meetings shall be limited to those agenda items contained in the notice of the meeting.
- Provide records to members and outside organizations that request information.
- Provide all notifications to the membership, directors, auditors and members of committees. Coordinate distribution of all general correspondence
- Provide support for membership communication.
- Oversee coordination of printed materials (logo items, business cards, etc.).
- Keep an up to date inventory of all the goods of the chapter.
VICE PRESIDENT OF MEMBERSHIP & VOLUNTEERS; The Vice President of Membership and Volunteers shall be responsible for addressing the needs of the chapter membership and volunteers.
Roles and responsibilities for the Vice President of Membership and Volunteers include the following but are not limited to;
- Recruitment and/or retention of volunteers.
- Conduct general volunteer orientation for all new volunteers including an overview of the volunteer structure, volunteer roles, responsibilities and deliverables.
- Identify and develop programs to involve, develop and engage volunteer members.
- Oversee, administer and build awareness of the chapter (and PMI’s) volunteer policies, procedures and guidelines.
- Develop and administer volunteer recognition programs
- Oversee and manage the chapter’s volunteer programs and services.
- Responsible for membership recruitment, retention, and associated value delivery in accordance with chapter policies and bylaws.
- The Primary user of the Chapter Reporting System (CRS) for analysis and reporting of membership data.
- Use survey tools and marketing research to enhance membership benefits.
- Develop and implement membership welcome and support plan including the promotion of PMI and chapter membership value.
- Develop and implement a rewards and recognition program plan to recognize member milestones (such as anniversaries or awards)
VICE PRESIDENT OF MARKETING; The Vice President of Marketing is responsible for chapter-based marketing and public relations to increase awareness of both the chapter and the PMI brand within the Western Lake Erie Chapter territory.
Roles and responsibilities for the Vice President of Marketing include the following but are not limited to;
- The VP of Marketing will develop and execute an integrated marketing and public relations program to support member acquisition, member retention, event promotion, outreach activities, sponsorships and other related activities in alignment with the chapter’s strategic objectives. These activities shall be performed in accordance with chapter bylaws and PMI policies and brand guidelines.
- Collaborate with local businesses and academic institutions, where appropriate, to publicize the chapter and PMI.
- Monitor and coordinate branded presentations to external stakeholders and other organizations interested in the activities of PMI.
- Develop and maintain relationships with sponsors for continued revenue generation to fund the chapter’s activities.
VICE PRESIDENT OF PROGRAMS; The Vice President of Programs is responsible for all program activities associated with the Western Lake Erie Chapter or the PMI.
Roles and responsibilities for the Vice President of Programs include the following but are not limited to;
- Develop and manage a coordinated year long program to enhance the professional development of members of the Western Lake Erie Chapter.
- Obtain guest speakers for presentations on project management topics at all monthly membership/dinner meetings.
- Ensure that all Program activities support the needs and development of the membership of the Western Lake Erie Chapter.
- Provide chapter programs that will support the business and educational communities within the Western Lake Erie Chapter Territory.
VICE PRESIDENT OF COMMUNICATIONS; The Vice President of Communications is responsible for managing and coordinating communication channels in accordance with chapter policies and bylaws.
Roles and responsibilities for the Vice President of Communication include the following but are not limited to;
- Disseminate information both to and from the chapter and to the membership in a timely manner.
- Define and regularly update chapter communication strategy, policies, goals and objectives.
- Work with Marketing Director/VP to ensure that chapters’ brand is understood and leveraged in communication plans.
- Lead the development, production and release of all chapter newsletters and communications.
- Collaborate with website/technology officer to provide website content and provide input into website design.
- Manage the chapter’s approved communications budget, in cooperation with finance officer
- Develop and maintain the chapter’s social media strategy and social media policy.
VICE PRESIDENT OF PROFESSIONAL DEVELOPMENT; The Vice President of Professional Development is responsible for the development of chapter education activities, establishing and managing chapter professional development programs, live and online and maintaining relationships with Registered Education Providers (R.E.P.s).
Roles and responsibilities for the Vice President of Professional Development include the following but are not limited to;
- Develop plans for and coordinate the chapter’s external educational activities, such as study
- groups, seminars, workshops, courses, professional development days and other educational
- Work with marketing to promote the education, certification, as well as training opportunities
- offered by the chapter.
- Promote the project management profession through the planning and coordination of special
- events, as identified by the chapter board, designed to enhance and expand the skills and
- knowledge of project managers.
- Oversee events, presentations and training programs.
- Invite key influencers from industry to participate in chapter events.