PMI Western Lake Erie Chapter
2023 WLEC Board Nominations will run between 9/26/2023 and 10/10/2023.
Open positions are listed below.
VICE PRESIDENT OF ADMINISTRATION/SECRETARY
Position responsible for preparing, maintaining, recording, circulating all records, correspondence, minutes of meetings, and related affairs of the chapter.Roles and responsibilities for the Vice President of Administration include the following but are not limited to;
- Assure safekeeping of all governing documents (approved bylaws, articles of incorporation, charter agreement, board policies, committee charters, and all other non-financial records for the chapter).
- Coordinate and distribute meeting agendas, keep the records of all business meetings of the chapter and meetings of the board.
- Maintain all meeting minutes — must document in accordance with parliamentary procedures as determined by the board.
- Notice of all annual meetings shall be sent to all members at least 30 - 45 days in advance of the meeting. Action at such meetings shall be limited to those agenda items contained in the notice of the meeting.
- Provide records to members and outside organizations that request information.
- Provide all notifications to the membership, directors, auditors and members of committees. Coordinate distribution of all general correspondence
- Provide support for membership communication.
- Oversee coordination of printed materials (logo items, business cards, etc.).
- Keep an up to date inventory of all the goods of the chapter.
VICE PRESIDENT OF MEMBERSHIP & VOLUNTEERS
The Vice President of Membership and Volunteers shall be responsible for addressing the needs of the chapter membership and volunteers. Roles and responsibilities for the Vice President of Membership and Volunteers include the following but are not limited to;
Recruitment and/or retention of volunteers.
- Conduct general volunteer orientation for all new volunteers including an overview of the volunteer structure, volunteer roles, responsibilities and deliverables.
- Identify and develop programs to involve, develop and engage volunteer members.
- Oversee, administer and build awareness of the chapter (and PMI’s) volunteer policies, procedures and guidelines.
- Develop and administer volunteer recognition programs
- Oversee and manage the chapter’s volunteer programs and services.
- Responsible for membership recruitment, retention, and associated value delivery in accordance with chapter policies and bylaws.
- The Primary user of the Chapter Reporting System (CRS) for analysis and reporting of membership data.
- Use survey tools and marketing research to enhance membership benefits.
- Develop and implement membership welcome and support plan including the promotion of PMI and chapter membership value.
- Develop and implement a rewards and recognition program plan to recognize member milestones (such as anniversaries or awards)
VICE PRESIDENT OF PROGRAMS
The Vice President of Programs is responsible for all program activities associated with the Western Lake Erie Chapter or the PMI. Roles and responsibilities for the Vice President of Programs include the following but are not limited to;
- Develop and manage a coordinated year long program to enhance the professional development of members of the Western Lake Erie Chapter.
- Obtain guest speakers for presentations on project management topics at all monthly membership/dinner meetings.
- Ensure that all Program activities support the needs and development of the membership of the Western Lake Erie Chapter.
- Provide chapter programs that will support the business and educational communities within the Western Lake Erie Chapter Territory.
VICE PRESIDENT OF PROFESSIONAL DEVELOPMENT
The Vice President of Professional Development is responsible for the development of chapter education activities, establishing and managing chapter professional development programs, live and online and maintaining relationships with Registered Education Providers (R.E.P.s). Roles and responsibilities for the Vice President of Professional Development include the following but are not limited to;
- Develop plans for and coordinate the chapter’s external educational activities, such as study groups, seminars, workshops, courses, professional development days and other educational activities.
- Work with marketing to promote the education, certification, as well as training opportunities offered by the chapter.
- Promote the project management profession through the planning and coordination of special events, as identified by the chapter board, designed to enhance and expand the skills and knowledge of project managers.
- Oversee events, presentations and training programs.
- Invite key influencers from industry to participate in chapter events.
Welcome to the Western Lake Erie Chapter of the Project Management Institute (PMI®), the organization of choice for project management professionalism.
The Western Lake Erie Chapter was formed to serve the networking and education needs of Western Lake Erie area residents. With monthly meetings, professional development offerings and periodic certification review courses, the Western Lake Erie chapter strives to promote the profession of Project Management by and for its members, provide opportunities for project management education and professional development of its members, and provide a framework for professional networking and social interaction among its members.
PMI Western Lake Erie Chapter
P.O. Box 134
Maumee, OH 43537
Click here to review a copy of our bylaws which govern the Chapter.